Wednesday 19 March 2014

Birthday Brunch at Au Chocolat Marina Bay Sands

There will come a point in your life where you won't be looking forward for your birthday, and it happened to me this year.

Kinda self-denied of my age haha hence I just ignore the fact that I'm getting a year older and planned just to stay at home all day (yeah so boring I know)

I am. I am. I am. (self talk to the mirror)
Pic taken from google.com

However, my husband decided to take me for a brunch and I just have to say yes cause I do looooove brunch so so much (plus his initiative of course). In fact, brunch is my most fave meal of the day.
So we went to Marina Bay Sands (MBS), and after wandered to several places there we finally decided to give Au Chocolat a shot.

The place looked really nice from outside and I was intrigue by the name..I mean chocolate is my favorite so what could possibly go wrong?
Moreover, there were some people queuing for seats so as people who already live in Singapore for quite some times, we know that if there are queues : it means the food is good! :D


I took this nice photo from Au Chocolat Facebook since we were too busy to eat and forgot to take pictures of surrounding

I did quick search for a review about the menu (which I normally do before I pick the menu), and according to some bloggers, the truffle fries was the best! So, I ordered it and my husband of course chose Au Chocolat King Breakfast for himself (he has a really big appetite like a KING, yet still look skinny. I jelly! )

This is our food, really look scrumptious right?
Au Chocolat King Breakfast and Mango Magic for my husband. Truffle Fries and chamomile tea for me (I was having bad cough that day therefore I couldn't explore the drink selection)
Ps. Please mind my husband's hand, though we brought a camera, we barely took good photos there since we were too famished at that time!


The taste of truffle fries indeed really good! I haven't try many truffle fries before so I can't compare but this one is a must try if you happen to visit this restaurant. The portion is also quite big for sharing.
However, I wouldn't praise the King Breakfast. It was just mediocre menu and the taste was just OK. I tried better brunch platter before at Food For Thought (the review about this is coming soon, stay tune!) and this one was not living up to my expectations.
What I like more about this place, beside its stunning interior, is the service that they provided. The waiters were really nice and attentive. I encountered few rude waiters before at another places, so big thumbs up for Au Chocolat!

My personal rating for Au Chocolat :
Food : 9 for truffle fries and 6.5 for Au Choholat King Breakfast (out of 10). The mango magic was an unique blend of white chocolate and mango and it tasted nice according to my husband so he gave 8 out of 10. Chamomile tea was just like another normal chamomile tea so I shall not give any rate for that :)
Service : 9.5 out of 10 (If only the waiter give us sofa seat, I will give 10 hehe. Couldn't complain though, many people queue for seats!)
Place : 9 out of 10, posh interior but doesn't make you feel awkward (if you know what I mean....)
Price : 6 out of 10 (quiet pricy but it's at Marina Bay Sands so what do you expect?)
Overall, it was a great brunch date with my husband and I would love to come there again just for the truffle fries!

Bay Level L1-03, The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands
Singapore 0187972

Next, we went outside to take some pictures and apparently there was some kind of market called "Pasar Bella" just outside MBS. Too bad that we've had brunch before cause the food selection were really good. Thus, as greedy as we are, we just couldn't eat anymore cause our tummy was too full!
They also have live acoustic music. It is actually a great place to spend your sunny day outdoor with marina bay view and good music. Prolly will try to go there this weekend and give some review, OK husband? :D


Glimpse of Pasar Bella. Was little bit raining on that day, therefore the picture took from inside

Me in front of live acoustic band. Happy tummy after warm and hearty brunch!


Ok I guess this is quite mouthful for my first entry. I hope you guys stay tune for my next review. Thank you and take care!
Till my next post...

2 comments:

  1. Me want Truffle frieeesss *ngiler harganya sebanding sama rasanya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. for the truffle fries, yes it was worth the price! porsi nya gedaaa...bisa share buat 3 orang hehe, enak pula!
    di denpasar ada ga yang jual truffle fries?

    ReplyDelete