Friday 21 March 2014

How We Found Out About Gymmboxx Singapore

When it comes down to exercise, I believe I will be the laziest person on earth.
I am not athletic. I dislike the feeling out-of-breath every time I try to run...oh well, I should say walk in fast pace instead of run, because I definitely can't run.
Therefore, it is safely to say that I HATE EXERCISE. Full stop.

....till I married with someone who loves doing exercise and such a gym addict (OMG!) 

That would be me!
And apparently, married with someone like this :
Gym addict/sports lover/my dear husband.
(both pic taken from here)


This husband of mine, since day 1 of our marriage life, always force me to hit the gym and somehow I always have 1001 reasons to avoid it. Plus I was slim anyway *ahem* so who need to work out? Or so I thought.
(Note to self: NEVER EVER FEEL TOO CONFIDENT ABOUT YOUR WEIGHT, OK!)

*But please, I was so slim for the past 26 years of my life and didn't even bother to do exercise! (self-defense)


It was me before the "EXTRA WEIGHT". I was even skinnier than my husband without doing exercise whatsoever! Oh..those good old days...


Until........I gained extra weight and it was A LOT for the past few years (please don't ask me why) :'(

And slowly but sure, with never ending forces from my husband also self realization of how unhealthy I was (I was feeling breathless just by walking in a normal pace geez!!), I started to go to the gym with him.

We even signed a year membership at California Fitness Singapore. Well, actually he signed up first and asked me to join him latter. Now I found out that it was such a waste of money for us since we didn't fully utilize our membership. I do believe that it might works for some people, especially those who were consistent in doing exercise, but definitely not for us. We were unable to come everyday, or even minimum once a week. My husband was unable to come very often since he was too busy at office. Me? I just follow my husband..ACT busy lol


Yes...there's definitely a thin line between TOO BUSY OR TOO LAZY.
(Photo taken from here)


Learning from our own experience, we begin to search a decent gym with reasonable entry fee for us where we just need to pay every time we want to go. Fuss free and surely no regret feeling for our wallet (which is the most important issue here). That's when we found out about Gymmboxx.

Apparently, several community centers in Singapore provide gym services with premium fitness equipment. The entry fee is really reasonable, 6 sgd per person for 2 hours usage. Hence, it is definitely a perfect place for us! At least for this moment. 
Initially, we did not expect the place to be as good as our previous gym. For us, as long as it's located near our place and fit our budget : WHY NOT? (Said my gym freak husband).

But to our surprise, the place is actually quite good. It is clean and spacious so you won't feel suffocated with many people who walk around here and there (you will know if you go to the gym). Moreover, it is fully air-con and they provide wide variety of fitness equipment. Last but not least, I must say they have an excellent customer service (which is important for me) and NO HARD SELL at all. I know many people in Singapore will say YAY for this part!
The minus part is they don't provide you with towel and there is sauna room there. But it's not really a problem, we can bring our own towel from home. More hygienic.

These are some pictures of Gymmboxx for your reference:
Pictures from their website 


Oh, they also has Protein Cafe which is located outside the gym. I haven't try the food menu so I couldn't tell much about the food but I tried their cookies and cream protein milk and oh boy, it tasted heavenly! 


Seriously, I never pay attention about protein milk before although my husband always buy it (and he always buy the BIG JAR). But after I tried, I am hooked! From now on, I will definitely buy this healthy drink whenever I hit the gym (bye-bye my fave bubble tea).
It's just adding another good (and yummy) reason for me to do exercise. 
So cheers to my gym journey! Hopefully I am able to develop a healthy habit and shed those extra fats SOON!

JIAYOUUU ME!


My personal rating to Gymmboxx Singapore:
Place: Clean, bright and spacious. I believe it already conclude all. They always play great music too, pump our spirit! 8.5 out of 10
Price: 6 sgd per 2 hours usage. For us, it is a good price since we don't come everyday. But for those of you who prefer daily visit, might consider the monthly membership. Worth the value. 9 out of 10
Service: Excellent! The customer service never failed to smile every time they greet us. On our first visit, we asked quite a lot of questions (typical first-timer), but they were really attentive so I really appreciate it! The most important thing, they DO NOT HARD SELL! YAY! Oh, I forgot to mention that they also have personal trainer for those who serious about goals in fitness. 10 out of 10
Product/fitness equipment: Wide variety of fitness equipment there, in fact I think quite the same with my previous gym. They don't provide towel so you have to bring your own. Furthermore, there is no shower room and sauna. 
8 out of 10

Gymmboxx Singapore
Gymm Boxx @ Bedok Reservoir
Address: Block 714A, Bedok Reservoir Rd, #03-01 Singapore (471714)
Buses to the Gym - 5, 21, 22, 59, 65, 66, 228, 506 and CT18
Nearest MRT - Bedok

Gymm Boxx @ Punggol Community Club
Address: 3, Hougang Ave 6, Punggol CC, Singapore, Singapore (538808)
Buses to the Gym - 27, 62, 113, 161, 80, 82, 87, 89, 89E and 325
Nearest MRT - Hougang MRT

Gymm Boxx @ Kampong Ubi Communuty Centre
Address: 10, Jalan Ubi, Kampong Ubi CC, Singapore (409075)
Buses to the gym - 2, 7, 13, 21, 24, 26, 28, 30, 30E, 51, 60, 61, 63, 63M, 67, 93, 94 and 155
Nearest MRT - Eunos MRT

Gymm Boxx @ Bishan Community Centre
Address: 51 Bishan St 13, Singapore (579799)
Buses to the gym - 50, 52, 53, 54, 55, 55A, 56, 57, 58, 59 and 410
Nearest MRT - Bishan


Hotline: +65 8499 4897 (Gym matters, Personal training inquiries, etc)
Email: enquiries@gymmboxx.com



Thank you for reading!
Take care and till my next post :)





No comments:

Post a Comment